Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw

My mom started reading this book to me a couple of years ago but never finished and so I finally decided to read it myself and holy crud it was good. It takes place back in ancient Egypt. The main character is Ranofer. He lives with his half brother Gebu who is big and MEAN. Ranofer was just a little goldsmith dude, but Gebu said that he had to be a stonesmith. But he finds out that Gebu is a tomb robber and follows him into a tomb so that he can find out what tomb it is. It was so exciting that I was just shivering. I couldn't put the book down. I stayed up until 11:34 a couple nights ago just reading it. It is one of my all time favorite books and I think everyone my age should read it.

2 comments:

Jeff and Jessie said...

Could I read this to a 7 year old? Thomas loves Egypt anything!!!

Les said...

Yes, you could totally read it to Thomas. I started reading it aloud to all my kids when Landon was in first grade and they loved it (then I got pregnant and started falling asleep when I read...).