Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary

The Mouse (Ralph) climbed on the phone's cord to get on top of the bed. There he saw a red motorcycle. He was so happy he was going to ride it. The mouse hopped onto the motorcycle and tried to start it but he couldn't. Then he put his feet on the ground and rolled it around. Then the phone rang and he got so scared he went off the edge into the garbage can. Then the boy came. The mouse said, "Can you get me out of here?" That is how the mouse and the boy became friends. The boy got sick. The mouse got him what he needed, aspirin, because he and his family lived in a mouse hole and they needed him to bring them food for the winter after he leaves. Then the boy got all better, the mouses mom was so happy that she let her son go to the last floor because she trusted him. Then the boy gives the red motorcycle to the mouse. This book was the coolest book I've ever listened to!
Reviewed by Landon

3 comments:

Hayden said...

Great that you enjoyed the book so much.
Love, Dad

Carolyn said...

She is one of my favorite authors! Glad to hear you liked it.

Janet said...

From Grandpa: I'm glad you liked this book. It was fun for me to read to Kurt, a long time ago. I liked it too. I'm glad you like books and soon you'll be able to read them by yourself.