Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

This isn't really the "Tail" of Despereaux because he lost his tail. Despereaux was a little mouse with oversized ears. He was acting weird by the Princess Pea so he got sent to the dungeons with the rats. He met an old jailer named Gregory. While he was in the dungeon he found out that there was a plot to kill the princess because a dumb fat girl wanted to become the princess. It was up to Despereaux to spoil their evil scheme! Then Despereaux lived happily ever after, just like in the story that he had read. This was a really good book. My favorite character was Despereaux. I have a lot in common with Despereaux. We both have big ears. And Desperaux didn't give up, and neither do I. When I started reading it, I gave up because I usually don't like that kind of book, but I liked listening to it on a CD. I was glad I listened to it.

Reviewed by Porter

1 comment:

Janet said...

I have been looking forward to reading this book, and now that I have a better idea of what it is about I will read it right away. Thank-you Porter for your review.

Grandmother Abersold